• Silk like feel and comfortable
• Inherently flame resistant EN11612 A1 B1 C1
• High tenacity and abrasion resistant
• High score on moisture management tests
• Reduction of heat exhaustion with the lowest RCT available on FR garments
• Low RET, high breathability
• Natural fiber with no synthetic elements
• Comply with the EU green procurement
• UV protection treatment
• Permanently Antibacteric
• Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified
Firetek is a natural fabric without synthetic fibers but with the same performances of synthetic fibers and has been developed to be used as base layer which is the layer closest to the skin, meaning it collects the most sweat.
The purpose of this layer is to keep you dry by pulling moisture away from your skin and spreading it throughout the fabric for fast drying. At the same time this fabric has very low thermal and water vapor resistances to dissipate heat quickly by cooling the skin and thus reducing sweating.
The heat generated during physical exertion has to be removed to prevent overheating and maintain the wearer performance, fabrics with lower RCT (resistance to conductive heat transfer) reduces body heat buildup easily.
Heat stress diminishes performance and vigilance leading to :
• Higher error rates
• Narrowed attention
• Heat exhaustion
Furthermore FIRETEK has an high resistance to abrasion and a very high tenacity and can be used in very demanding applications worn directly under heavy gear but despite its durability, it has the same feeling of silk when worn and it is inherently flame resistant.
The lifespan of FIRETEK garments is at least 3 to 4 times the lifespan of a standard garment, therefore it’s very important to take this factor into consideration when comparing costs.